Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Christmas with the Mormon Tabernacle Choir

The local PBS stations air the Mormon Tabernacle Choir Christmas performances. As a non-Mormon, I am not eligible for the ticket lottery so I would never be able to see them live. If it were not for living here in Utah, I would have to purchase the DVDs in order to see these fabulous Christmas concerts. You do not get to see the current year's concert as I think they air them with a one or two year delay to allow for fund raising with the DVDs.

I really enjoy the concerts. One thing that most religions have in common is expressing joy through song and dance (exceptions are oppressive cults such as Islam). While I am not a religious person, I can appreciate the beauty of the hymns and dance performances. 

No comments:

Post a Comment