Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Utah's Arid Climate Creates Havoc - Hair

I have commented previously on the arid climate in Utah so I will not rehash it.  Just as it causes my skin to overproduce oil, it also causes my scalp to overproduce oil.  In addition, the ends of my hair became very dry within a couple of weeks of our arrival.  I take excellent care of my hair - natural, brush it with a wooden handle paddle brush (100% dry), large tooth comb when wet, hair oil, vegan (sulfate free, paraben free, petrochemical free and phthalate free) shampoo and conditioner, and do not use heat appliances (blow dryer, curling iron, flat iron, hot rollers, etc.).  I was perusing Costco and saw a Kirkland Signature brand shampoo and conditioner "Moisture".  It was reasonably priced and is packaged in very large bottles.  Its scent is not too strong and with Kirkland Signature brand, I can be confident that the product is vegan and not tested on animals (direct or third party).  So, I decided to give it a try.

"Moisture" is safe for color treated hair, which is not a necessary feature for me.  It is 100% vegan, sulfate free, paraben free and gluten free.  Because the shampoo is sulfate free, your hair needs to be soaking wet when you apply the shampoo or it will not really lather.  Before you apply the conditioner, you must gently squeeze as much water out of your hair as possible. I wash my hair every third day and it stays clean and soft between washes although it is fluffier on day one, which is normal. I have been really happy with these two products and have since purchased another bottle of shampoo.  My husband likes it because it is not perfumey.

A couple of weeks after my initial purchase, there was a segment on GTU about hair care products.  One of the hosts said that her stylist had actually recommended the "Moisture" products. The stylist said they are the best thing she has found for the dry hair here in Utah, especially for those women who color or highlight their hair. The host also said that she had met women whose primary purpose for having a Costco membership was the beauty products.  I have found many great products at Costco but until I saw this segment, I had no idea about the popularity of the "Moisture" shampoo and conditioner.

I highly recommend the "Moisture" hair care products from Costco.

No comments:

Post a Comment